Saturday, February 1, 2014

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

A long time fan of chick lit, I had no idea when I opened my first Sophie Kinsella book what a delightful time I was in for.  Rebecca Bloomwood is uniquely charming in this first of many from the Shopaholic Series.  She is the absolute essence of every woman who is honest about how shopping makes her feel!!  At least she was for me.  I felt like I had met my kindred spirit when I was finished with this book.

Sophie Kinsella weaves the story in such a way that not only does Rebecca stumble into the job of her dreams and the man of her dreams, but also has a way of always straightening out the messes that she creates of her life.  Some of the most entertaining moments in the book are the letters to and from her creditors regarding absolutely ridiculous requests on her part, all in the name of shopping! 

For anyone who is addicted to finding that perfect pair of shoes or who simply can't pass a sale because the prices are just too good, this book will have you laughing and crying at the same time.  The guilt of owning the same T-shirt in every color will disappear as you turn each page and you'll realize quickly that you are not alone!  The movie did NOT do the book justice....

Rebecca Bloomwood, you are my new best friend:)

A Five out of Five, without a Doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment